The CEFN is proud to celebrate Disability Employment Awareness Month every October. It is important to us to recognize and celebrate the outstanding inclusive employers and diverse employees that we work with. Our DEAM 2019 events wouldn’t have been possible without our fantastic community partners. We’d like to thank the following DEAM 2020 partners for their commitment to inclusive workplaces: Government of Alberta – Ministry of Community and Social Services, Pan Disability Connection, EmployUs YQL, City of Calgary
With thanks to our generous DEAM 2019 sponsors
DEAM 2020 is being celebrated across the province, offering a full month of events and activities to celebrate the month of DEAM and create awareness surrounding disability employment across Alberta and beyond. Take a look at the calendar of events and register for each below
- October 1st @ 1-1:30 pm: DEAM Kickoff event: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81097368556
- October 1st @ 1-4:00 pm: DEAM Digital Dance Party featuring DJ Rat-tat-tat-tat: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84830792711
- October 1st ALL DAY: ATB Building in Edmonton lit up in Red for DEAM!
- October 6th @ 2-3:00 pm: Resiliency and Creativity; Inclusion as a Workforce Strategy- Employer and Self-Advocate panel members meet to discuss inclusive employment. This event will be live streamed, link to come.
- October 8th @ 9-11 am: Hire for Talent Leading Inclusion Workshop, Lethbridge and Southern Alberta Region: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/hire-for-talent-tickets-122313433773
- October 13th @ 1-2:00 pm: MentorAbility Industry Information Session featuring Lake Bonavista Animal Clinic on Careers in Animal Care: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/mentorability-industry-information-session-lake-bonavista-animal-clinic-tickets-121951328707
- October 13th ALL DAY: Highlevel Bridge in Edmonton to be lit up in Red for DEAM!
- October 14th @ 9-11 am: Hire for Talent presents Leading Inclusion Workshop, Calgary and Central Alberta Region: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/hire-for-talent-tickets-122477029091
- October 20th @ 1-2:15: DEAM Business Champions Network Panel Discussion
- October 20th @ 10-11:00 am: MentorAbility Industry Information Session featuring the Deerfoot Inn and Casino on Careers in Hospitality
- October 21st @ 9-11:00 am: Hire for Talent presents Leading Inclusion Workshop, Edmonton and Northern Alberta Region: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/hire-for-talent-tickets-122479747221
- October 22nd @ 3-5:00 pm: 2020 Annual DEAM Employer Awards Gala
- October 27th @ 9-10:00 am: MentorAbility Information Session for Employers and Service providers https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/mentorability-alberta-information-session-tickets-121101089619
DEAM 2019 Event Highlights
Inclusive Employment wouldn’t be possible without the incredible employers who champion diversity in their workplaces. On October 23rd we had the pleasure of awarding 6 employers with DEAM Employer Awards. Congratulations to our 2019 DEAM Employer Award Winners and this year’s fantastic nominees!
2020 Nominations are now open – to nominate a Calgary Employer please fill out a nomation here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rxa43jjNd0UAYOCRBMgsXnflSw_QJ2yi13-qZnqAlQ4/viewform?ts=5f0de2e9&edit_requested=true&fbclid=IwAR0H7wEkEuZwrVf5rD_8ujKFk6vXQK7Wxe-XPxY19ywvrTnI-pi3ybgAt6c
We want to spread the important message that a strong workforce is one inclusive of the skills and talents of everyone, including individuals with disabilities. Check out our DEAM Resources below to celebrate #DEAM in your region.
DEAM Red Shirt Day Poster
DEAM Icon (Plain Red)
DEAM Icon (Red, Facebook Profile)
DEAM Icon (Red, Twitter Profile)
DEAM Icon (Red, Square)
DEAM Icon (White, Facebook Profile)
DEAM Icon (White, Twitter Profile)
Employment Inclusion Fact Sheet
#DEAM Social Media Campaign
DEAM 2020 Partnership
Disability Employment Awareness Month is a great time to collaborate with new partners! If you’re interested in hosting an event or partnering with the CEFN, connect with us here.